The Student News Site of All Saints' Episcopal School

The Saint News

The Saint News

The Saint News

First Time Homecoming

Homecoming was just last week and Freshman got to experience all of the homecoming traditions for the first time which includes themed dress days, the pep rally, the football game, mums, and what some would say is the best part of homecoming, the dance.

I asked Howell Hayes, Alice Harris, and Anna Carol Hardaway some questions about their first ever homecoming.

What was your favorite homecoming theme to dress up for?

Hayes and Hardaway said the both really liked the surfers vs bikers theme because everyone went all out and it was fun wearing Hawaiian Shirts. Harris said she really like the pajama day theme because it was super comfortable to wear and it was easy to put together.

What was your favorite part of homecoming week?

Hardaway said she enjoyed cheering the pep rally and getting everyone fired up for the big game. Harris said she enjoyed all the fun themes because it was a surprise each day of what people were going to wear. Hayes said he liked the football game the most because he loves seeing all the action and it was a super good game.

How did you like the dance?

Harris and Hardaway said they really liked dancing with their friends and seeing everyone’s different dresses. Hayes said he liked the environment roment of the dance and how everyone was super excited and pumped to be there.

Overall homecoming is a special time of year and I would say that this year was a lot of fun for most people especially the freshman experiencing it for the first time!