The Student News Site of All Saints' Episcopal School

The Saint News

The Saint News

The Saint News

Destination Spots in Texas

Hueco Tanks State Park, Texas

Texas is the perfect state for summer road trips, as the state has multiple unique biomes. Deserts, pine forests, beaches, mountains, and so much more can be found all over the state. We have created a list of interesting places that are a close for a quick day trip, or a little farther away if you are looking for a fun weekend getaway.

0-2 Hours Away

Magnolia (Waco) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go
Magnolia Market in Waco, Tx

Waco – When you think about Waco one of the first thoughts to mind is Magnolia market. Magnolia market consists of shops and a mini baseball field for the kids. There is also a Magnolia Table that serves breakfast items. I have personally been there and I was satisfied with their food. If you are fascinated by history you can check out where the Waco Massacre played out.

Grapevine – Grapevine, Tx is a historic place. In Grapevine there are many shops that you can shop at. There is also the Grapevine Vintage Railroad that you can visit. If you are an outdoor enthusiast there is Lake Grapevine that consist of many trails, places to swim, kayaking, and boating.

2-5 hours away

San Antonio's River Walk at Christmas
River Walk in San Antonio, Tx

San Antonio – San Antonio, Texas is home to the Alamo. If you like to explore there is the riverwalk that you can explore. I have been to the river walk and at night it is a beautiful sight. They have tour boats that take your around the river and they give a small history lesson.

Jacobs Well – Jacobs Well is located in Cypress Creek, Tx. Jacobs Well is a beautiful place to visit in the spring. There are trails that you can walk on to get to the location. Jacobs Well is a swimming hole created by nature. Sadly the Jacobs Well is currently closed due to low water. The water is low because the creek that feeds the well stopped flowing from lack of rain

6 or more hours away

Palo Duro Canyon State Park
Palo Duro Canyon in Canyon, Tx

Guadalupe Mountains National Park – Guadalupe Mountain National Park is located in Dell City, Tx. It is an outdoors enthusiast’s dream. There are many trails that you can walk on and see a beautiful view. It is home to the worlds most extensive Permian Fossil Reef. You are also able to go camping at this park

Big Bend National Park – Big Bend National Park is located in Brewster County, Tx. They are famous for their natural resources and recreational activities. Many photographers love coming here to get their next pictures. The estimated time to stay is 2-3 days. You can visit the Chisos Basin and the Rio Grande Village. This location is rich in culture.

Palo Duro Canyon – Palo Duro Canyon is located in Canyon, Tx. It is nicknamed the Grand Canyon of Texas and the name speaks for itself. The Palo Duro Canyon is the second largest canyon. There is an amazing view of the canyon that you can visit . The recommended time to get a good experience is 2-3 days. They offer horse back riding and keep tours. If you want to drive your personal vehicles through the canyon there is a scenic trail that is about 16 miles long.