The Student News Site of All Saints' Episcopal School

The Saint News

The Saint News

The Saint News

Summer Treats!

SnoCones are one of many sweet treats to cool you down this summer.

Summer is almost here! And who doesn’t need tasty treats to cool off after a hot day by the pool or lake? Well, here are some of our favorite places to get a summery bite to eat no matter what mood you are in!

Press Cafe is the perfect spot to grab a bite to eat because it has a great patio to soak up some sunshine or stop by on your walk/run on the trinity river. It is excellent for kids to run around while parents have their meals or without the kids and sit at the bar. Regardless you are guaranteed to have a great time 

Salata is the cutest little salad joint that is perfect if you are looking for a light meal while you explore the streets of what downtown has to offer. You can enjoy your salad sitting in sundance square near the fountain or walking down Main street.

With the Texas heat, everyone is in need of a cold sweet treat! Here in Fort Worth, there are plenty of places to cool you down. Here are our favorite go-to dessert places:

Sweetzy’s is a perfect quick stop to grab a snow cone and sit at some picnic tables while you cool down. With so many different flavors, there’s something for everyone. Their reviews say that they’re delicious, they have friendly staff, and they don’t overkill the syrup. 

Curly’s is a staple in Fort Worth and is absolutely worth stopping by. They have countless options to order, including: concretes, sundaes, frozen drinks, ice cream sandwiches, drinks, and even classic summer foods and snacks. You can also build your own custard and concrete. There is a drive-through if you are in a rush, or you can sit in their cute outdoors that has benches, tables, and a fountain. 

Everyone needs a sweet snack to cool themselves down and fill you up during this hot summer. Here are some delicious things for just that:

Nekter is the perfect smoothie and smoothie bowl place to grab a quick bite or sip to cool you down. Nekter is an air-conditioned smoothie, juice, and smoothie bowl place perfect for satisfying your fruit craving. They have so many different options and ways to customize a smoothie to your liking.

Mamaka is the perfect smoothie bowl place to catch up with a friend, enjoy the outdoors, and cool down from the summer heat. Mamaka is the perfect indoor/outdoor setting to grab a fruity treat with a friend and enjoy the warm sun. Mamaka has a very original menu with perfect summer names for each and every one of their smoothie bowls.